Our Purpose and our Mission
Cyber Sense supports organisations in Northern Australia and the pacific be equipped to prepare, respond to, and manage the ever-growing complexity of a growing cyber security threat landscape in a sustainable and compliant manner.
- We are a trusted partner providing high quality cyber security risk management and governance services and help our clients and the sector to stay compliant and sustainable
- Our people invest the time to get to know our clients, so that we know how to best service them.
- We invest time to orchestrate and support initiatives that grow digital and cyber security capabilities in Northern Australia and the Pacific providing opportunities for high value jobs in the North.
- We will advocate for including women, veterans, neuro distinct, indigenous, and pacific islanders, alternatively abled and disadvantaged to find meaningful careers and mentors to uplift capabilities in digital and cyber security.
Our ESG underpins all activities across all jurisdictions where we or one of our affiliates operate. It sets out our approach to sustainable purpose and forms the basis of our decisions by focusing on business ethics and compliance, people and culture and community involvement
Business ethics and compliance framework
At the core of this framework is strong governance and a robust risk and compliance framework. This framework is supported by procedures and systems to ensure that we apply, at all times high levels of personal and professional integrity. With the support of our risk and compliance function we have put in place the necessary policies and procedures including a code of conduct and an initial assessment of the reputation of potential clients, identification and monitoring of our clients (through initial and ongoing screening of clients, ongoing review of clients files and transaction monitoring) as well as ongoing training throughout our employees’ careers to ensure that the highest standards of compliance are embedded throughout the group.
We will not enter, or maintain, relationships with individuals or organisations engaged in, or suspected of having engaged in, illegal or activities which go against its code of ethics. New clients are accepted in accordance not only with applicable laws, rules and standards on money laundering and terrorist financing, and international sanctions but also in accordance with our risk appetite policy. We do not accept clients activities involving money laundering, corruption or bribery, cyber crime, child labour, forced labour, the destruction of high conservation value areas, ship breaking, products or activities that impinge upon the lands owned or claimed under adjudication by indigenous and/or vulnerable peoples or groups without full documented free prior and informed consent of such peoples or groups.
Our client acceptance processes include a self-assessment to ascertain they are not involved in such activities.
People and culture
Fostering openness, sustainability, and respect are our key objectives. We value everyone and strive to work as one team. We invest in our people and their working environment by creating and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and ensuring their ongoing professional and personal development.
We strive to create workplaces in which there is mutual trust and respect and where every person feels responsible for the performance and reputation of our Group. We respect one another and each other’s individual rights and customs. We work towards achieving a diverse workforce, recruiting, employing, and promoting people only on the basis of objective criteria and the qualifications and abilities needed for the job to be performed.
We continuously engage with our people at a local and at a Group level to translate our core values into action. We do this through communications and engagement, information and consultation so as to assist them in realising their full potential.
We promote integrity and professionalism throughout the Group and pride ourselves in leading by example which we do by setting the right tone right from the top of our organisation. We consider ourselves to be personable and approachable and hold these attributes up as being key when putting our core values into actions.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We encourage our people to give something back to their local communities, whether it is time, effort or a financial contribution. Our key focus areas are our environment, community, education and workforce development. It’s important that we play our part to build a better world for current and future generations. Our support is delivered through initiatives that:
- Support local communities and those in need;
- Support local initiatives for the development and education of young people in the areas we live;
- Support our environment and reduce our carbon foot print.
- Support initiatives for the development and growth of high tech, digital and cyber security jobs in the areas we live.
We welcome initiatives from all sources but especially those from our own people.